1. Sift both the flours into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar, the yeast and a pinch of salt. Make a well in the centre and add the milk and all but 2tbsp of the butter.
2. Using a wooden spoon, mix to a smooth, soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 8-10 mins.
3. Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with lightly oiled clingfilm. Leave in a warm place for about 1hror until doubled in size.
4. Re-knead for 1min, then divide into 16 pieces. Roll into long sausage shapes and tie into pretzel knots.
5. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
6. Half-fill a large pan with boiling water. Add the bicarbonate of soda and bring to a simmer. Add the pretzel - 3 at a time, lowering into the water on a fish slice. Cook for 1min, remove with a draining spoon and put on the tray.
7. Bake for 10mins until golden. Immediately brush all over with the remaining melted butter and toss in cinnamon and sugar.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (94g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!