1. For marinade, in a medium bowl combine vinegar, oil, the water, shallot, oregano, thyme, garlic, the 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and the 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
2. Season meat with additional kosher salt and pepper. Place meat in a self-sealing plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour half of the marinade over meat. (Reserve remaining marinade for vegetables.) Seal bag; turn to coat meat. Marinate meat in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
3. Place mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in another self-sealing plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour remaining marinade over vegetables. Seal bag; turn to coat vegetables. Marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
4. Drain meat and vegetables, discarding marinade. On twelve 10-inch skewers,* alternately thread beef, mushrooms, and tomatoes, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces.
5. For a charcoal grill, place kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare doneness (145?F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium doneness (160?F) until desired doneness, turning kabobs once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place kabobs on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
*Note: If using wooden skewers, soak them in water at least 1 hour before using.
Broiler method: Place kabobs on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat until desired doneness. Allow 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare doneness (145�F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium doneness (160�F), turning once halfway through broiling.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (257g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 23 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.6g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 111.6mg||4 %|
|Potassium 413.9mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.7g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 6.7g|
|Protein 1.6g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 61
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.