1. For marinade, in a medium bowl combine vinegar, oil, the water, shallot, oregano, thyme, garlic, the 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and the 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
2. Season meat with additional kosher salt and pepper. Place meat in a self-sealing plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour half of the marinade over meat. (Reserve remaining marinade for vegetables.) Seal bag; turn to coat meat. Marinate meat in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
3. Place mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in another self-sealing plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour remaining marinade over vegetables. Seal bag; turn to coat vegetables. Marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
4. Drain meat and vegetables, discarding marinade. On twelve 10-inch skewers,* alternately thread beef, mushrooms, and tomatoes, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces.
5. For a charcoal grill, place kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare doneness (145?F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium doneness (160?F) until desired doneness, turning kabobs once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place kabobs on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
*Note: If using wooden skewers, soak them in water at least 1 hour before using.
Broiler method: Place kabobs on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat until desired doneness. Allow 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare doneness (145�F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium doneness (160�F), turning once halfway through broiling.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (257g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 23 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.6g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 111.6mg||4 %|
|Potassium 413.9mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.7g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 6.7g|
|Protein 1.6g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 61
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!