1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. In a small bowl toss shrimp with garlic and lemon peel. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine spinach, romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onion, and radishes; toss to combine. Set aside.
3. Thread shrimp onto four 8-inch skewers,* leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces.
4. For a charcoal grill, place skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place skewers on greased grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
5. To serve, divide greens mixture among 4 dinner plates. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Top with grilled shrimp. Drizzle with Greek Vinaigrette. Serve with pita bread.
Greek Vinaigrette: In a screw-top jar combine 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, dash kosher salt, and dash freshly ground black pepper. Cover and shake well.
*Note: If using wooden skewers, soak in enough water to cover for at least 1 hour before grilling.
Broiler method: Place skewers on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through broiling
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (199g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 92 (86%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.3g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.4g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 4.4mg||0 %|
|Potassium 172.2mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.8g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 2.8g|
|Protein 0.8g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 107
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!