If you're a girl, and you've just been stood up by your girlfriend at the last moment, then this is just the soup you need to cheer you up. It's especially useful if you were going to lunch at her house and you're now left with a kilo of shiitake mushrooms about to go out of date. Best of all, with the truffles on top it smells just like her.
1. Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Add butter and lightly saute garlic on medium heat.
2. Add in mushrooms, thyme, bay leaf and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the moisture from the mushrooms disappears.
3. Heat kenwood at 120C, teflon stirring tool, for 5 minutes to warm bowl all the way up.
4. Add butter and melt it.
5. Add flour and cook for 5 mins at 120 stirring 1.
6. Add chicken stock slowly, to keep termperature at 100C (i.e. boiling).
7. Let it come back to boil - just wait - the temp is still set to 120C.
8. Simmer at 70C for 15 minutes.
Change to stirring tool on Kenwood.
Add mushrooms to Veloute.
Add cream and milk to Kenwood.
Bring back to boil then simmer at 80C for 10 minutes to incorporate.
6. Serve hot in your soup bowl. Add freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley or thyme and truffles if you have them on hand.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (3724g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 814 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 90.5g||121 %|
|Saturated Fat 55.6g||278 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 336.1mg||103 %|
|Sodium 4053.4mg||140 %|
|Potassium 6731.8mg||177 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 212.1g||62 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 211.7g|
|Protein 146.6g||209 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2262
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.