1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise, remove seed and pulp. Place face down in baking pan with about 1/4 inch water.
3. Bake 30-45 mins or until squash is soft.
4. Heat large skillet over medium heat, add in oil, and when hot, stir in onion and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.
5. Stir in peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes longer.
6. Add in ground meat ( turkey, bison, beef, any one, or mix of them ) and spices and brown until meat is cooked through.
7. Strain off excess liquid from meat and stir in tomatoes, heating through.
8. Pour out any water in the pan with the squash, and place face up. Fill with meat mixture and serve, topped with your favorite salsa
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (956g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 487 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 54.1g||72 %|
|Saturated Fat 23.6g||118 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 161mg||50 %|
|Sodium 991.1mg||34 %|
|Potassium 2907.6mg||77 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 67.5g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 12.8g||51 %|
|Sugars, other 54.8g|
|Protein 46.9g||67 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 914
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.