For the cake:
1. Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda and cocoa powder into a big bowl that you’ll use to mix the cake.
2. Using a hand or table mixer, put in the milk. Mix.
3. Add oil and mix.
4. Add vinegar, vanilla and almond flavoring. Mix.
5. Lightly beat the eggs in a small bowl. Add and mix.
6. Add the food coloring. Mix until the batter is even in color.
7. Grease and flour 3 cake pans – size 8 inches.
8. Evenly pour the batter into the three pans.
9. Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes or until the center tests done with a toothpick.
10. Let the cake cool and then frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
For the frosting:
1. Beat the butter and cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl until light and creamy.
2. Add vanilla and confectioners sugar and beat well.
3. Hand stir in pecans.
4. Spread cream cheese icing between layers of the Red Velvet cake, up the sides and on top.
5. If you have lots of pecans, then sprinkle some pieces on top.
6. The pecans are especially good toasted a bit in the oven for this recipe.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (107g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 226 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 25.1g||33 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.9g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.3g|
|Cholesterol 37.2mg||11 %|
|Sodium 2663.8mg||92 %|
|Potassium 72.1mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 44.9g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 44g|
|Protein 3.4g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 411
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!