This is a cake-type cobbler like they server in the South, as opposed to the biscuit-style cobbler you might get elsewhere
1. Pour butter into a shallow 2-qt. baking dish; set aside.
2. Drain peaches. Reserve fresh peach juice for something else - your iced tea, white wine, brandy...
3. While peaches drain, combine 1 cup sugar, flour, milk, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl; mix well.
4. Pour batter into baking dish with melted butter. Spoon peaches over batter. Sprinkle the top with reserved ¼ cup of sugar.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes or until cake tests done. Serve warm.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (219g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 146 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.2g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.9g||50 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 41.8mg||13 %|
|Sodium 666.8mg||23 %|
|Potassium 244.1mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.6g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 37.3g|
|Protein 5.9g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 324
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.