1. Rinse quinoa in a strainer.
2. Heat a couple tablespoons of Vegetable broth in a large nonstick saucepan. Stir in chopped onion and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until onion is soft.
3. Add quinoa and the rest of the vegetable broth to the pan. Add cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 min.
4. Stir in lime juice and chickpeas. Heat for approx 5 more minutes until chickpeas are hot.
5. Finally stir in black beans and cilantro. Top with avocado.
6. Serve hot or cold. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Quinoa will have a bitter taste if not rinsed before preparing.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (527g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 95 (18%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.6g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.4g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2573.7mg||89 %|
|Potassium 699.1mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 87.6g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 24.6g||98 %|
|Sugars, other 62.9g|
|Protein 23.9g||34 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 534
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.