From: EatingWell's "28 Summer Power Salads," via "EatingWell, July/August 2013" (7/30/2013)
Note from EatingWell: Here's a healthy twist on a classic Cobb salad recipe: we skip the bacon, getting smoky flavor from chipotle peppers instead & add salmon for a power-protein kick. Look for small cans of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with Mexican foods at large supermarkets.
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
2. Cut the salmon into 4 equal portions. Brush the salmon with the adobo sauce & sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
3. Oil the grill rack (see TIPS below). Grill the salmon, turning once, until it is opague; about 3 minutes per side.
4. Combine the sour cream, white wine vinegar, water, minced chipotle & the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a small bowl.
5. Toss the salad greens in a large bowl, with 1/2 cup of the dressing mixture.
6. Divide the greens & salmon among 4 serving plates. Top with avocado, tomatoes & blue cheese. Drizzle on some more of the remaining dressing.
TIPS & NOTES:
- To skin salmon, place the salmon fillet on a clean cutting board, skin side down. Starting at the tail end, slop the blade of a long, sharp knife between the fish flesh & the skin, holding the skin down firmly with your other hand. Gently push the blade along at a 30º angle, separating the fillet from the skin without cutting through either.
- Oiling a grill rack before you grill foods helps to ensure that the food won't stick. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs & rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu & fish, it is helpful to coat the food with cooking spray.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (1661g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 549 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 61g||81 %|
|Saturated Fat 22.1g||110 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 29.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.4g|
|Cholesterol 74.2mg||23 %|
|Sodium 4186mg||144 %|
|Potassium 2665.6mg||70 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46.4g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 22g||88 %|
|Sugars, other 24.5g|
|Protein 28.1g||40 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 809
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!