1. Using your (clean) hands, thoroughly combine all turkey (or beef) patty ingredients in a bowl.
2. Wet your hands (it keeps the meat from sticking to them), then form 4 patties.
3. Grill patties OR and saute in a nonstick skillet with 1 Tbsp olive oil. For turkey, make sure internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. For beef, cook to your preferred doneness. If desired, add more pepper jack cheese on top toward the end so that it melts.
4. Meanwhile, saute onions in a little olive oil until they are caramelized (brown and soft); stir in barbecue sauce and continue cooking 1-2 minutes, until nice and hot.
5. Spread butter or margarine lightly on the buns, then sprinkle with garlic salt. Grill buns (buttered side down) or place buns in a nonstick skillet to toast.
6. Serve burgers on buns with onion mixture, tomato, and lettuce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (446g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 204 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.6g||30 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.7g||33 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.6g|
|Cholesterol 81.7mg||25 %|
|Sodium 632.4mg||22 %|
|Potassium 962.2mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 54.3g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 49.6g|
|Protein 37g||53 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 558
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!