1. He will and pancetta in 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until pancetta is browned and crisp, 4 to 5 min. using slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to paper towel. Pour off and discard all but 2 tablespoons rendered fat from skillet.
2. Return skillet to medium low heat and add garlic and pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until garlic begins to turn golden, 1 to 2 min. carefully at 1 1/2 cups wine and increase heat to medium-hi Cook until wine is reduced to 1/2 cup, 8 to 10 min. add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Taste and season with up to 1 tablespoon sugar needed.
3. Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add pasta and 1 tablespoon salt and cook, stirring often, until pasta is flexible but not fully cooked. About 4 min. Reserve 2 cups pasta water, then drain pasta.
4. Transfer pasta to skillet with reduced white wine. Place skillet over medium heat; add 1/2 cup unreduced wine and cook, tossing constantly until wine is fully absorbed. Continue to add remaining wine, 1/2 cup at a time tossing constantly, until pasta is al dente. About 8 min. (If one is absorbed before spaghetti is fully cooked, add 1/2 cup reserved pasta water at a time to skillet and continue to cook.)
5. Remove skillet from heat. Place arugula on top of spaghetti; pour 1/2 cup reserved pasta water over arugula, cover, and let stand for 1 min. Add cream and 1/4 cup pecorino Romano; toss until sauce lightly coats pasta and arugula is evenly distributed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with pancetta, remaining 1/4 cup pecorino Romano, and pine nuts. Serve immediately, passing extra pecorino Romano separately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (220g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 355 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 39.4g||53 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.4g||52 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.7g|
|Cholesterol 40mg||12 %|
|Sodium 338.8mg||12 %|
|Potassium 509.9mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 91g||27 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 86.5g|
|Protein 22.5g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 807
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!