Try this Spaghetti Salad recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
* Fine dice 1/2 a med yellow onion. Place in cup with 0.8 cups of vinegar. Macerate for [45 min].
* Press 2 cloves into the vinegar.
* Small dice a tomato, and add to vinegar.
* Measure out 1.2 cups of EVOO in a 1 qt measuring cup.
* Measure out the 1lbs of spaghetti.
* Wash and trim the asparagus.
* Roll the spinach and slice across into strips. Wash. Spin dry. Place in large bowl.
* Wash and dice a bell pepper. Wash and dice an English cucumber. Strain a cup of sliced olives. Strain a can of corn. Place them all in one bowl.
1. Boil 3 quarts of water in a pot. Add in 3 T of salt. [10-20 min].
2. Cook the spaghetti in the pot according to package instructions. Scoop the spaghetti out and strain. While hot, spaghetti to the bowl of spinach. Add a bit of pasta water to cook the spinach.
3. Use the boiling pasta water to blanch the asparagus for about [3-5 min] until tender. Scoop the asparagus out. Slice them into 2" segments.
4. Add the vinegar-tomato-onion mix to the EVOO. Mix to form an emulsion. Add in 1 T of dried parsley and oregano. Pour the dressing into the bowl of spinach and spaghetti and then mix.
5. Add in the bowl of olives, corn, bell pepper, and cucumber to the spaghetti. Mix well.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (4269g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1130 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 125.6g||167 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.8g||89 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 86.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 15.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1346.4mg||46 %|
|Potassium 2168.5mg||57 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 377.2g||111 %|
|Dietary Fiber 26.5g||106 %|
|Sugars, other 350.7g|
|Protein 65.6g||94 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2910
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.