1. Preheat the oven to 450.
2. In a large baking dish, place the squash cut side down and add 2 inches of water. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the insides of the squash can easily be removed with a fork.
3. Meanwhile, while your squash is baking, start your sauce. In a large stockpot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat and saute the onions until translucent.
4. Add the garlic and saute for another minute or two or just until the garlic is fragrant.
5. Add the strained tomatoes (or tomato sauce) and tomato paste and mix well.
6. Add 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Italian seasoning, 1 Tablespoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon each of black pepper and sea salt. Bring the sauce to a simmer, and turn heat down to low. While the sauce is simmering, make your meatballs.
7. Use your hands to mix the spices into the ground beef and pork.
8. Form the meat mixture into small golf ball-sized meatballs and drop these gently into the simmering tomato sauce.
9. Once all the meatballs are in the sauce, cook for 10 minutes or until the meatballs are no longer pink in the middle.
10. Scrap the insides of the cooked spaghetti squash out with a fork and serve topped with meatballs and sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1201g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1730 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 192.3g||256 %|
|Saturated Fat 86.2g||431 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 74.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.4g|
|Cholesterol 635mg||195 %|
|Sodium 4055.6mg||140 %|
|Potassium 3181.9mg||84 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31.5g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.4g||26 %|
|Sugars, other 25.1g|
|Protein 165.2g||236 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2540
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!