Spelt Bread Preparation
1. In large mixer bowl, combine 3 1/2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt Mix well.
2. Add warm water (125 degrees or so) and shortening to flour mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened, beat 3 minutes at med. speed.
3. By hand, gradually stir in remaining flour to make a stiff batter. Cover and allow to rise in warm place until double. About 30 mins. Stir down batter.
4. Spread in greased 9x5 or 8x4 bread pans. Cover and allow to rise until batter reaches tops of pans, (about 20-30 mins)
5. Bake at 190 degrees celsius for about 35-40 mins til golden brown.
6. Remove from the pans and brush with butter. Allow to cool.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (754g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 186 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.7g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.8g||44 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5g|
|Cholesterol 30.5mg||9 %|
|Sodium 5360.9mg||185 %|
|Potassium 1556.8mg||41 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 258.2g||76 %|
|Dietary Fiber 40.4g||162 %|
|Sugars, other 217.8g|
|Protein 55.8g||80 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1353
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!