1. Chop the chocolate. You may reserve some for a garnish.
2. Put chocolate, water, cream*, cayenne, 1 stick cinnamon and sugar in a pot. Heat over medium high heat, stirring often.
3. Once it boils, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, taking care not to boil.
4. Remove cinnamon and add vanilla.
5. Pour into 2 espresso cups. Top with whipping cream and a cinnamon stick.
* if you prefer to use milk, omit the water and use 2 cups total
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (310g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 458 (66%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 50.9g||68 %|
|Saturated Fat 31.4g||157 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 164.4mg||51 %|
|Sodium 63.9mg||2 %|
|Potassium 256.3mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 63g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.9g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 58.1g|
|Protein 3.7g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 696
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.