1. In a large pot, combine pears, lemon juice, and white wine. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for about 25 minutes or until pears are tender.
2. Puree pears and liquid in a food processor or blender.
3. Return puree to the pot and stir in the sugar, vanilla bean, and whole spices. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until thick enough to mound on a spoon, 45 – 60 minutes.
4. Pick out the cinnamon stick, vanilla bean, and spices then ladle the hot butter into sterilized jars.
5. At this point, you can store the pear butter in the refrigerator for up to a month or you can process the jars in a water bath for longer shelf storage.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (62g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (3%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1mg||0 %|
|Potassium 96.4mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 6.2g|
|Protein 0.6g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 32
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!