Delicious and extremely flavorful recipe. It can be made without the Hoja Santa and it will also taste great.
• Lay fish fillets over a baking dish and sprinkle generously with salt. Refrigerate.
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place banana leaves inside oven and let cook for 40 seconds. Remove and set aside.
• Take one piece of aluminum foil, place a piece of banana leaf on top and on top of it, an acuyo leaf. Place a piece of fish on top of the acuyo leaf and spoon Mexico City sauce on top until fully covered. Top it off with some of the onion slices and a few cilantro leaves.
• Bring up foil and banana leaf sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet. Repeat to make four packets. Place all packets on a cookie sheet.
• Bake for approximately 25 minutes. Serve with black beans and tortillas. Provecho!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (20g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0.8mg||0 %|
|Potassium 29.2mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.9g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 1.5g|
|Protein 0.2g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 8
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.