- Season beef with 2 tsp salt. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown beef on all sides, about 10-12 minutes, and transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to dutch oven, add onions, bay leaf and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook while scraping up brown bits and stirring occasionally, until onions are browned, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350F. Cut a round of parchment paper the diameter of the inside of the pot and set aside.
- Add beer, Mexico city sauce and vinegar to onions and bring to a boil. Add beef and meat juices from plate and return to a boil.
- Cover with the parchment round and a lid and braise in oven until meat is tender when pierced with a fork, about 3 1/2 hrs.
- Transfer beef to a cutting board, cover loosely and let stand for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, skim off fat from sauce and discard bay leaves. Slice meat and serve with sauce on top. Provecho!
Recipe adapted from Epicurious.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (230g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 260 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.9g||39 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.2g||56 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 100.6mg||31 %|
|Sodium 104mg||4 %|
|Potassium 509.4mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 6.5g|
|Protein 25.3g||36 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 397
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!