This is a great Potato - Hamburger soup and a nice alternative to plain potato soup. It is spicy with the addition of a can of Rotel tomatoes (tomatoes with chili peppers added) - if you don't want it to be spicey, just add a can of plain diced tomatoes. This soup freezes well. I freeze it in Hefty disposable containers and warm it in the microwave for a quick meal.
by Khandi Howard
1. In a 3 quart saucepan, brown beef.
2. In the same saucepan, saute onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender about 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle flour over all, then continue to cook about 2 minutes.
4. Add broth, tomatoes, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
6. Reduce heat to low.
7. Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts.
8. Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream.
9. (makes 2 1/4 quarts).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (460g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 366 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 40.6g||54 %|
|Saturated Fat 20.6g||103 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 117.5mg||36 %|
|Sodium 924mg||32 %|
|Potassium 974.5mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.8g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 24.8g|
|Protein 25.1g||36 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 578
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.