1. Dice and cook the chicken in a frying pan on medium-low heat, until just no longer pink
2. Heat Oil in large soup pot
3. Saute Garlic, Onion, Celery and Green Pepper until just beginning to brown
4. Add canned tomatoes, tomato paste, water, chicken broth, thyme, red pepper flakes, bay leaf, salt & pepper, tabasco sauce and pearl barley. Stir and bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer covered for 1 1/2 hours.
6. Add chicken, ham, shrimp and olives, and simmer another 5 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1332g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1335 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 148.3g||198 %|
|Saturated Fat 42.6g||213 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 62.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 30.1g|
|Cholesterol 722.2mg||222 %|
|Sodium 1254.9mg||43 %|
|Potassium 2264.5mg||60 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 43.5g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.2g||37 %|
|Sugars, other 34.3g|
|Protein 172.3g||246 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2230
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.