1. Preheat grill to high heat.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, black pepper, hot sauce, paprika, and 2 garlic cloves in a medium bowl. Add shrimp; toss well. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
3. Rinse and drain quinoa. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; saut? 3 minutes. Add remaining 2 garlic cloves and quinoa; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 13 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Cool. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and honey in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add quinoa mixture, tomatoes, chickpeas, avocado, and cheese; toss gently.
4. Remove shrimp from bowl; discard marinade. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Thread 3 shrimp onto each of 8 (6-inch) skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 2 minutes on each side or until done.
5. Divide quinoa mixture evenly among 4 plates. Top each serving with 2 skewers. Garnish with cilantro.
Amount per serving
Calories: 392 Fat: 17.2g Saturated fat: 3.1g Monounsaturated fat: 9.4g Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g Protein: 24.2g Carbohydrate: 36.4g Fiber: 6.3g Cholesterol: 149mg Iron: 2.8mg Sodium: 526mg Calcium: 151mg
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (235g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 74 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.3g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 70.1mg||22 %|
|Sodium 319.8mg||11 %|
|Potassium 536.1mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 34.6g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 30g|
|Protein 16.7g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 276
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!