1. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Saute onion, bacon and garlic until onion is tender. Add curry powder. Saute for 1 minute
2. Stir in pumpkin, potato and carrot. Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes
3. Pour over stock. Stir in seasonings. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
4. Puree in the saucepan with a hand blender or simply mash with a potato masher. Stir in milk.
5. Reheat gently, stirring. Serve with a swirl of cream and a sprinkling of chives.
Crusty bread is a delicious accompaniment.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (57g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 77 (85%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.5g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 19.8mg||6 %|
|Sodium 22.1mg||1 %|
|Potassium 73mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 2.5g|
|Protein 1.6g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 91
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.