1. Place tofu in a bowl and marinate it in some soy sauce (about 1 tbsp) for about 10 minutes.
2. Heat half of the peanut oil in a very large skillet or wok.
3. Add green onions, red pepper, and garlic and sauté for a minute or two.
4. Add tofu and continue to sauté the mixture for 2 or 3 minutes.
5. Push all ingredients to the sides of the pan (or set aside in a bowl).
6. Add the remaining peanut oil and then sauté the eggplant until it starts to brown. Be careful not to cook it too long or it will get mushy.
7. Stir all ingredients together and add a bit more soy sauce if desired.
8. Stir in hot chili paste and chopped basil and serve immediately with rice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (392g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 63 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 3566mg||123 %|
|Potassium 851.4mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.6g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.1g||29 %|
|Sugars, other 11.5g|
|Protein 17.1g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 194
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.