1. Fry chopped onions in cooking oil. Add spice mixture and any optional items, along with garlic, ginger and red chile pepper. Cook the spices for a twenty seconds or so.
2. Add the ground beef, separating it with a spatula while browning.
3. Add potatos and green pepper, and a dash of water.
4. Lower heat to medium low, and cook 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, watching the liquid level.
5. The dish is finished when the liquid is almost absorbed.
6. Serve over steamed rice.
The degree of browning at the end is a preference. Some like it slightly browner, others like it a little more soupy.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (150g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 19 (17%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.1g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 8.5mg||0 %|
|Potassium 501.6mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.2g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 17.9g|
|Protein 2.7g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 110
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.