1. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
3. Add the flour and cook for another minute.
4. Add the broth, artichokes and tortellini. Bring to a boil. reduce the heat and simmer until the tortellini is tender, about 10 minutes.
5. Add the cheeses, let them melt. Add the spinach, let it wilt. Add the milk, season with salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste. Remove from the heat.
Options: Replace the tortellini with cooked chicken or white beans. If using the beans, puree half of them and use as the thickening agent instead of the flour.
Add sliced sun-dried tomatoes
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1729g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1971 (61%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 219g||292 %|
|Saturated Fat 73.3g||367 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 86g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 41.3g|
|Cholesterol 1036.6mg||319 %|
|Sodium 1564.7mg||54 %|
|Potassium 3708.9mg||98 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 56.9g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.6g||38 %|
|Sugars, other 47.4g|
|Protein 251.4g||359 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3243
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!