This Spinach-Feta Tart recipe will have you twisting and shouting for more!
Source: BigOven Original Recipe
1. Heat oven to 350°F degrees.
Make the filling:
2. Wilt spinach in a dry pan. Drain off excess moisture and chop finely. In a small bowl, fold into pesto. Mixture should be tapenade-thick. Add feta and lemon zest. Stir to combine. Adjust seasonings to taste and set aside.
3. Roll sheets of puff pastry out flat on large pieces of parchment paper (dusting with flour if pastry sticks). Using a large plate or lid as a guide, trace a 10 or 12-inch circle into the dough and make clean cuts, discarding excess dough. Chill one dough circle in the fridge until needed.
4. With first dough round, spread filling out from the center, leaving a ½ -inch space from the outer edge. Dab edges with egg wash and place second dough round on top.
5. Using a small drinking glass as a guide (roughly 2 inches in diameter), hold it in the center and divide the tarte into quarters -- cutting out and away from the center of the glass perimeter like spokes in a wheel. Divide each quadrant into 3-4 equal strips (so that you have 12-16 total spokes). If dough begins to get too pliable at any point, simply freeze for a few minutes and continue.
6. Remove glass and place a finger near the center of each strip (where it is most likely to break), and gently twist each strand 3-4 times, gently pinching off each outer edge to secure. Freeze for 10-15 minutes.
7. Brush top of pastry with egg wash. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown all over. Remove tart from oven and cool briefly before transferring to a platter for serving. Garnish with finely grated Parmesan.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (160g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 318 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 35.3g||47 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.7g||34 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 18.4g|
|Cholesterol 46.8mg||14 %|
|Sodium 410.6mg||14 %|
|Potassium 387.1mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 37.5g|
|Protein 10.7g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 516
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.