1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the lasagna. You're going to put a colander over (not into!) the water to steam the asparagus in, so be sure to leave enough room at the top of the pot. When the water boils, add salt then noodles. Cook noodles to almost tender, or al dente, 12-14 minutes. Drain.
2) While pasta is cooking, prepare the asparagus: hold a piece of asparagus at both ends and push the ends together, making the spear snap and break. Where the asparagus snaps becomes your guide for trimming off the tough ends of the rest of the asparagus. Trim the spears (discarding the ends) and place them in a small colander. Pull 2 big pieces of peel off the lemon and add them to the asparagus. At least 4 or 5 minutes before the pasta is done, place the colander over the boiling water in a pasta pot; place a lid on the colander and steam asparagus until the tips are just tender, about 4 minutes. Place the asparagus on a plate. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice from 1/2 lemon over the asparagus.
3) In a medium skillet over medium heat, warm 3 tablespoons of olive oil then add mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook until mushrooms give off their juices and darken, and onions are tender, 7-8 minutes.
4) While the vegetables cook, prepare the tomatoes. Split tomatoes lengthwise and arrange on a small baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place a rack in the top position in the oven and preheat the broiler.
5) Add chopped spinach to the pan with the mushrooms and heat through for 1 minute. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add ricotta cheese and stir into mixture to heat cheese through, 1 minute. Remove pan from heat but leave mixture in the warm skillet.
6) Make the sauce: heat chicken broth and cream in a small pot over medium heat until liquid bubbles, the melt gorgonzola cheese into the liquid and return it to a bubble. Simmer sauce on low heat.
7) Broiler tomatoes, 2 minutes. Place on a serving plate.
8) Place cooked lasagna on a large work surface or cutting board. Cook 1 minute to handle, but work while pasta is still warm. Spread each lasagna noodle with a layer of spinach-mushroom filling. Place half the cheese sauce into a serving dish. Roll up pasta and arrange the 8 bundles in the dish. Dot the bundles with remaining spoonfuls of cheese sauce and serve. Serve with steamed asparagus and broiled tomatoes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (802g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 733 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 81.5g||109 %|
|Saturated Fat 33.8g||169 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 29.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.8g|
|Cholesterol 371.9mg||114 %|
|Sodium 2112.2mg||73 %|
|Potassium 1602mg||42 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 51.9g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 46.8g|
|Protein 94.2g||135 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1316
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!