1. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook until softened. Stir in flour and cook until golden about 30 seconds. Slowly whisk in milk and bring to simmer. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened, about 3 min.
2. Off heat, stir in parmesan until melted. Stir in spinach, salt and pepper until combined. Transfer to bowl and cool completely.
3. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle and heat to 400 degrees. Grease rimmed baking sheet. Roll 1 sheet into 14 x 10 in rectangle on lightly floured counter. Loosely roll dough around rolling pin and unroll it onto prepared sheet. Spread spinach over dough, leaving 1/2 in. border. Brush border with egg.
4. Roll other puff pastry into 14 x 10. Press edges of top and bottom sheets together to seal. Roll edge inward and use your fingers to crimp edge. Using a sharp knife, cut top dough into 24 squares. Brush top with egg.
5. Bake until golden brown, about 30-35 min. Transfer sheet to wire rack and cool completely. Transfer to cutting board and cut along lines.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (85g)|
|Recipe Makes: 11 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 58 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.4g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 34.8mg||11 %|
|Sodium 216.2mg||7 %|
|Potassium 228.5mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.9g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 6.4g|
|Protein 7.1g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Calories per serving: 113
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!