1. Cook the spinach in a microwave until it is just done. Drain in a colinder and rinse under cold water.
2. Press out most of the liquid in the leaves and then chop them coarsly.
3. Put the oil in a heavy pan and set over medium heat. When hot, put in the mustard seeds. As soon as the mustard seeds begin to pop - this takes just a few seconds- put in the onions and garlic. Stir and fry for 2 minutes.
4. Put in the potatoes and cayenne. Stir and fry for a minute.
5. Now put in the spinach, salt and water. Bring to a boil. Cover tightly, turn heat to very low and cook gently for 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Stir a few times during the cooking period and make sure that there is always a little liquid in the pan.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (196g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 39 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.4g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 308.6mg||11 %|
|Potassium 793.2mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 29.5g|
|Protein 4.6g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 186
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!