1. Slice the leek.
2. Clean and slice the mushrooms.
3. Chop the parsley.
4. Heat the butter in a large pan. Fry the leek over moderate heat until lightly browned.
5. Peel the garlic and crush it into the pan.
6. Add the mushrooms and cook until they release their liquid, then add the chopped parsley.
7. Add the stock and mace or nutmeg and split peas. Return to the boil, half cover the pan and simmer for 1 hour.
8. Season with salt and pepper and add the poppy seeds
Serve with crusty bread
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (296g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 67 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.4g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 15.3mg||5 %|
|Sodium 89.4mg||3 %|
|Potassium 1352.9mg||36 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 40.2g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 16.6g||67 %|
|Sugars, other 23.6g|
|Protein 17.4g||25 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 295
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!