1) Examine, sort (out rocks or bad peas) then rinse peas.
2) In a large pot, combine peas, water or broth and meat.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat then reduce to low and cook for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
4) Add remaining ingredients and cook for another 30 minutes (or until desired tenderness is reached) stirring occasionally,
5) Remove meat if on bone, take off the bone and shred or dice before returning meat to the pot.
6) Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Soup will thicken as time passes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (128g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (7%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 34.7mg||1 %|
|Potassium 95mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 2.5g|
|Protein 0.4g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 15
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!