1. Add a 1/2 cup of the flour to the yeast and water and let sit for 10 mins in a stand mixer bowl.
2. Add egg, melted butter, sugar and salt to bowl and whisk together. Add rest of flour and and knead on low for 5-6 minutes with dough hook attachment.
3. Transfer ball to lightly floured surface and roll into a smooth ball. Put ball into cleaned mixer bowl with 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil to coat the dough. Cover with foil and place in cool oven and let rise for 2 hours.
4. Remove dough from bowl and on a lightly floured surface, press the air out of the dough while shaping it into a rectangle. Cut dough into 8 equal pieces.
5. Shape pieces into roughly hot dog bun shape, 5-6 inches long. Place onto silicone lined baking sheet 1/4 inch apart. With a sharp knife cut down the center of each roll about 1/8 inch deep.
6. Brush buns with melted butter on all sides. Place in cool oven and let rise for 45 minutes.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees.
8. Brush more melted butter on top and let cool completely.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (72g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 44 (94%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.9g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.9g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 37.9mg||12 %|
|Sodium 1347.5mg||46 %|
|Potassium 10.1mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.1g|
|Protein 0.8g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 47
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!