1. Combine 1 cup water, yeast, and honey. Let rest 10 min.
2. Combine flour and salt. Then add yeast mixture and kneed. Addadditional flour if necessary to prevent it from sticking. Dough should befairly smooth and somewhat firm.
3. Place dough in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled. Punchdough down (if making cinnamon raisin bagels, add the cinnamon and raisinsnow ? knead just enough to swirl the cinnamon through the dough).
4. Divide and shape into 12 balls. (For larger bagels, make only 8 balls.)Allow to rest for 5 minutes.When soaked, the dough will expand moresignificantly than unsoaked flour, so be sure to keep them on the smallerside.
5. Bring 2 quarts of water to boil.
6. Make a hole in each ball of dough and pull open about 2 inches, making abagel shape. Place the shaped dough onto a cookie sheet and cover for 10minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Drop 2 or 3 bagels at a time into the boiling water for about 45 secondsto 2 minutes, turning each once. Drain cooked bagels on a wire rack.
9. Mix egg white and water; brush tops with egg white mixture and top withoptional toppings, if using.
10. Place bagels on greased baking sheets.Bake at 350 degrees for 35minutes, turning once half-way through baking. (If making plain bagels, youcan flip the bagels; otherwise, just rotate.) Bagels will be lightly brownedand shiny.
Nutrition (calculated from recipe ingredients)---------------------------------------------- Calories: 172 Calories From Fat: <1 Total Fat: <1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 4250.3mg Potassium: 564mg Carbohydrates: 37g Fiber: <1g Sugar: 34.7g Protein: 8.8g
Web Page: http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2008/03/bagel-day.html
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (-2146g)|
|Recipe Makes: -1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: -134 (100%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat -0.9g||-1 %|
|Saturated Fat -0.1g||-1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat -0.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium -147.6mg||-5 %|
|Potassium -426.1mg||-11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate -24.6g||-7 %|
|Dietary Fiber -3.8g||-15 %|
|Sugars, other -20.8g|
|Protein -10.6g||-15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!