Roasting the butternut squash.
* Wash and cut the squash in two halves, remove the seeds and place the halves in a rimmed baking sheet, face up, with 1 cup water in the pan. Cook in a preheated oven at 375 F for 1 hour minimum, until the flesh is fork tender.
* Remove and let cool down before scooping the squash out.
* Place in a food processor and mix smoothly.
* Let cool down and use 2 cups for 2 loaves. Keep the rest in the fridge for 3 days max, or freeze it for future times.
Making the loaves
* Place the nuts and seeds on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 15 mns. Remove from the oven and let cool down before grinding them, medium. Keep 1/4 cup on the side, for the decoration.
* Turn the oven temperature down to 325 F.
* Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a bowl.
* Add the seeds, minus 1/4 cup. Mix with a wooden spoon.
* In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the oil and two types of sugar and use the paddle attachment to mix on medium speed, for 4 mns.
* Add the roasted butternut squash and continue to mix for 2 mns.
* Then, add one egg at a time.
* Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and add the flour and the buttermilk alternatively, until the liquid is absorb each time.
* Transfer the preparation in 2 oiled loaf pans measuring 9 x 5 x 3?, 2/3 to the top.
* Sprinkle with the reserved seeds.
* Cook in the oven for 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out dry once inserted in the loaf. Remove and let cool for 20 mns before unmolding on a cooling rack.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 loave (1396g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 loaves|
|Calories from Fat: 2458 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 273.1g||364 %|
|Saturated Fat 38g||190 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 130.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 85.8g|
|Cholesterol 2118.7mg||652 %|
|Sodium 6128mg||211 %|
|Potassium 2314.5mg||61 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 479.4g||141 %|
|Dietary Fiber 20.5g||82 %|
|Sugars, other 458.9g|
|Protein 115.9g||166 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4717
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!