Ssambap is a country style Korean food. Just picked from the farm, freshest lettuces and the leaves of all kinds are always available in the country. Many city people go to the Ssambap restaurant to comfort their nostalgic country mouse childhood memories.
Ssambap is very easy to put together. Get a varieties of leafy lettuces, cabbages, perilla leaves, pumpkin leaves, thin sea kelps. Most of them can be eaten fresh and some (cabbage and pumpkin leaves) are steamed.
Serve your Ssambap with multi-grain rice rather than white rice. It just taste better and healthier.
There are many different types of topping sauce you can serve with; meat, fish, tofu, mushroom, or just plain. Today I will show you one of my favorite topping that is very easy and inexpensive to make. The taste? You better try yourself to believe. If you like the rustic Korean flavored dishes like doenjang stew and fish, you will love this. I guarantee.
Get any assorted lettuce and variety of edible leaves you like. I added Perilla leaves and cabbage leaves. Boil cabbage leaves for 4 minutes and drain. Chill with lettuces.
1. Combine all the seasoning ingredients in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
2. In a small sauce pan, saute onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until soft. Add the fish, reserved juice, and the water and bring to boil.
3. Add the sauce to the pan and stir. Add the zucchini and bring to boil again. Reduce the heat to med-low and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until the mixture thickens a little.
4. Add the chili and green onion, if using, and let it cook for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let it cool. It will thicken more as it cools.
6. To serve the dish, place 1 tablespoonful of rice in the middle of lettuce, top with the fish topping sauce, about 1/2 Tbsp, and gently bunch the lettuce together and eat in ONE bite.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (448g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 142 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.8g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.3g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1260.7mg||43 %|
|Potassium 1434.9mg||38 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.2g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28 %|
|Sugars, other 15.2g|
|Protein 7.9g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 252
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!