(+1 tbsp sugar, +1tsp vanilla extract for sweet version)
1. Sift flour, potato flour, and dry milk.
2. Combine all ingredients while mixing and kneading (6-8 min) to make a soft, smooth dough.
3. Place dough in slightly greased bowl, cover, and let rise for 1 hour until nearly doubled.
4. Divide into 4 equal pieces and shape into balls. Cover and allow to rest for 15 more minutes.
5. Prepare filling.
6. On floured or greased work surface, roll a ball out 10" diameter circle.
7. Brush surface with egg wash (1 egg + 1 tbsp water beaten). Place filling in center of circle, leaving ~1/2 inch of bare dough around perimeter. Repeat with all balls, leaving top bare.
8. Make a circular indentation in middle of dough ~2-3 inches in diameter. Slice from edge to indentation 16 times, evenly spaced.
9. Rotate adjacent segments away from one another 360 degrees. Pinch paired segments together to create desired shape.
10. Cover pastry and let rise one more time, about 45 minutes.
11. Brush with egg wash and bake at 400F for 12-15 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (840g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 891 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 99g||132 %|
|Saturated Fat 45.2g||226 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 31.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.6g|
|Cholesterol 2237.1mg||688 %|
|Sodium 4212.7mg||145 %|
|Potassium 1360.3mg||36 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 207.8g||61 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10.6g||42 %|
|Sugars, other 197.2g|
|Protein 95.7g||137 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2108
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!