1. Rinse skirt steak under cool water and pat dry
2. Carefully remove any remaining silver skin from the steak
3. Place steak in a 1-gallon ziplock bag and set aside
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, chipotle, cumin and garlic
5. Pour marinade over steak, seal bag and toss to evenly coat entire skirt steak.
6. Place in the refrigerator and marinate up to 24 hours
7. Preheat grill to 500 F, 10 minutes prior to cooking
8. Remove steak from the refrigerator and bring up to room temperature
9.Grill steak 3-4 minutes per side. Allow to rest for 5 minutes after cooking, then cut steak into thin strips.
10. Heat olive oil on medium heat in a cast-iron skillet
11. Add vegetables and seasonings and saute until onions are translucent and peppers have softened. Remove from heat and set aside
12 Turn oven to broil at 500 F, and raise oven rack to the top level.
13 Place vegetables in cast iron skillet under the broiler for 3-5 minutes
14 Serve steak topped with vegetables, and with a side of guacamole.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (358g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 96 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.7g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 323.9mg||11 %|
|Potassium 525.9mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.8g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 14.5g|
|Protein 3.1g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 166
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!