1. Brown steak in olive oil over medium heat.
2. Stir in rest of ingredients.
3. Lower the heat to low.
4. Cover with a lid, and cook, checking every 15 minutes, to stir.
5. Cook approximately 50-55 minutes, but do not let sauce dry completely. Simmer it down where it barely covers the pot, but not burnt.
6. Remove bay leaves, and serve over rice.
Make sure to watch the heat. You want to simmer it so it's tender, but not burn the meat. It should not be a soup or stew, yet have enough sauce on the bottom to not be dry.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (316g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 10 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.1g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 5.8mg||0 %|
|Potassium 203.6mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.7g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 6g|
|Protein 1.3g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 42
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!