1. Process lime juice, oil, ginger, sugar, chiles, 4 teaspoons of the garlic and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a blender until smooth, about 2 minutes, to make piri piri sauce. Set aside.
2. Place steak and ½ cup of the sauce in a large ziplock plastic bag. Seal, and massage steak and sauce together in bag. Let marinate at room temperature 15 minutes or in fridge up to 24 hours.
3. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium (350° to 400°). Remove steak from marinade, letting excess drip off; discard marinade and bag. Place steak on oiled grates; grill, covered, turning occasionally, until charred in spots and cooked until desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board; let rest 10 minutes. Keep grill on for rolls.
4. While steak rests, stir together melted butter, a pinch of salt and 2 teaspoons garlic in a small bowl. Spoon garlic butter evenly over cut sides of rolls. Place rolls, cut sides down, on oiled grates; grill, uncovered, until golden brown, about 1 minute. Transfer rolls to a platter.
5. Thinly slice steak against the grain, and divide among bottom roll halves. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt. Drizzle each portion with 2 tablespoons piri piri sauce (reserve remaining sauce for another use); replace top bun halves. Serve immediately.
3 jalapeños can be substituted for the fresno chilies .
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (55g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 135 (93%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.8g||39 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 30.5mg||9 %|
|Sodium 2088.7mg||72 %|
|Potassium 62.6mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.8g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 3.4g|
|Protein 0.4g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 145
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!