1. Trim and cut the zucchini and eggplant into 1-inch chunks. Cut the bell pepper into strips. Chop the onion.
2. Put oil in a large skillet over med-high heat and immediately add the garlic. When it begins to sizzle, add the onion and sprinkle with (salt and) pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to soften (3-5 minutes).
3. Add the zucchini, eggplant and pepper. Lower the heat a bit to keep the vegetables from burning and cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant is fairly soft (10-15 minutes).
4. Add the tomatoes and juice. Sprinkle with thyme. Heat to boiling.
5. Lay fish on top of the vegetables. Adjust the heat so the mixture simmers. Cover and cook until the fish is opaque throughout. This will take 5-8 minutes.
6. Transfer fish to a platter, then stir the basil into the vegetables. Spoon the vegetables around the fish.
Can use other white fish, but may need to adjust the steaming time depending on the thickness of the fish.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (999g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 64 (17%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.2g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.4g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 92.7mg||29 %|
|Sodium 156.1mg||5 %|
|Potassium 2238.6mg||59 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 42.1g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 16.5g||66 %|
|Sugars, other 25.6g|
|Protein 42.5g||61 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 371
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!