Preheat oven to 375F.
Wash and dry spinach leaves thoroughly. Cut off stems.
Prepare Meat Sauce:
1) Over medium-high heat, sautee celery, garlic (minced), and the chopped onion in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil until medium brown. Add oregano. Set aside.
2) In same pan, saute mushrooms until brown. Set aside.
3) In same pan, saute ground turkey until brown -- drain liquid. Add mushrooms and onion/celery/garlic mixture from step 1. Add spaghetti sauce and chopped tomatoes. Season with pepper to taste (if you've used a store-bought spaghetti sauce, chances are you won't need additional salt.) Bring pan to low and simmer.
4) Meanwhile, in large lasagna pan, spoon 5-6 tablespoonsful of the tomato sauce mixture to the bottom of the pan (this is to prevent noodles from sticking).
5) Arrange enough noodles in bottom of pan to cover. Do not overlap.
6) In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, and basil.
7) Spoon 1/2 the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles, top with a layer of spinach leaves, then mozzarella, then meat sauce. Add noodles and repeat -- ricotta cheese, spinach, meats sauce, mozarella. Then noodles. Add meat sauce and top with mozarella cheese on top to finish.
Cover with aluminum foil ("tent" it a little, to ensure the cheese doesn't stick) and bake for 40 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with a simple tossed salad, Italian Dressing and a bottle of Pinot Grigio or your favorite Italian red wine for a great meal.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (319g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 187 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.8g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.4g||57 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 112.7mg||35 %|
|Sodium 811.5mg||28 %|
|Potassium 642.9mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31.2g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 28.1g|
|Protein 35.5g||51 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 455
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.