Easy to make, but will need slow cooking for 2 hours. Sunday cooking while you watch a movie.
a) Make a broth: Maggi beef buillon cubes, 4 cups of water- 2 cubes, boil and keep aside)
b) Boil green peas (Not necessary if using fresh peas/frozen peas)
c) Mix 1tsp cornstarch in 1tbsp cold water, just enough to dissolve
1. In a stock pot (or banaley) over medium heat, add the vegetable oil. Season the beef with salt and pepper (to your liking) . Brown the meat for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
2. Add the onions and garlic. Continue to cook until the vegetables are wilted and golden (about 6 minutes). Season the mixture with salt and pepper if necessary.
3. Add the stock
4. Add the potatoes and carrots,. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 1.5 to 2 hours or until meat is very tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Add cooked peas, season to taste, garnish-optional
6. Add the cornstarch water and bring to a boil, stir gently as it thickens, beef stew is ready :)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (421g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 268 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29.7g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.8g||54 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 99.8mg||31 %|
|Sodium 392.2mg||14 %|
|Potassium 1170.9mg||31 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.1g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 23.9g|
|Protein 32.5g||46 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 513
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.