1. Using a sharp knife, slash the chicken a few times down to the bone. Mix the paprika, thyme, salt, pepper, chili powder, and 3 tbsp. of the brown sugar in a large bowl or food-storage bag, then add chicken and rub well. Leave the chicken in the rub for at least 1 hour, or ideally 12 hours, in the fridge.
2. Then, preheat oven to 350°F. Make the sauce: Mix the remaining brown sugar, ketchup, and Worcestershire and hot sauces until smooth. Place chicken in a large roasting pan. Roast until cooked through, about 30 minutes (make a cute with a sharp knife to check - you may see a little pink, but it should not be bloody).
3. Prepare for final cooking: Check that charcoal is white hot, or preheat gas grill to 400°F (or oven to 425°F). Grill (or bake) chicken, turning often, until sizzling and hot through to the middle, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, spoon sauce on top and serve with slaw.
1. Cut 1 small red cabbage into thin slices, removing core. Slice 1 onion and 2 tangy apples, and add to cabbage in a large bowl. 2. Mix 2/3 cup mayonnaise and 2 tbsp. cider vinegar to make the dressing.
3. Toss slaw with dressing, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serves 6 to 8.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (335g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 271 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.1g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.4g||37 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.8g|
|Cholesterol 112.8mg||35 %|
|Sodium 1308.4mg||45 %|
|Potassium 761mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.5g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 35.2g|
|Protein 28.2g||40 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 531
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!