Taken from Today in Mississippi Magazine May 2008
1. Cut green beans in half if over 4 inches in length.
2 Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large, heavy skillet over hight heat.
3. Add 2 tablespoon salt and green beans.
4. Cook, covered, 5 minutes or until tender but still slightly firm. DO NOT overcook.
5. Drain and rinse immediately with cool water to stop the cooking process.
6. Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Add onion and garlic.
7. Reduce heat to medium-high.
8. Saute 4 to 5 minutes or until oinion is brown.
9. Add green beans, stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in water, sugar, basil and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes longer. Discard garlic. Sprinke green beans with Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (147g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 28 (25%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.1g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.2g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 4.1mg||1 %|
|Sodium 70.2mg||2 %|
|Potassium 375.1mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20.3g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.3g||25 %|
|Sugars, other 13.9g|
|Protein 4.2g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 110
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.