1. Butter a 9x12" baking dish.
2. Saute 1/2 the garlic with the tomatoes to make a quick sauce. Taste for acidity. If needed, add a little brown sugar to take the edge off.
3. Saute mushrooms until golden with garlic (add the garlic half-way through cooking).
4. Wilt spinach and chop finely with whatever is left of the garlic).
5. Beat eggs, milk, nutmeg and pepper to taste.
6. Layer: 1/3 of the tomato sauce, bread, spinach and 1/2 of the herbs, 1/2 the Fontina, another layer of brea, tomato sauce, the mushrooms, more Fontina, herbs, and sauce, then a final layer of bread, tomato sauce and top with gorgonzola.
7. Pour the custard over the top, allowing to soak into the bread.
8. Bake at 375øF for 60 minutes until cooked through. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
This dish is very good left over also.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2685g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 745 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 82.8g||110 %|
|Saturated Fat 22.5g||113 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 41.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 10.5g|
|Cholesterol 800.6mg||246 %|
|Sodium 2112.4mg||73 %|
|Potassium 8719.3mg||229 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 138.1g||41 %|
|Dietary Fiber 36.3g||145 %|
|Sugars, other 101.8g|
|Protein 89.2g||127 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1517
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!