For the sauce, I made the kids and Marco a Napoletana sauce with just red onion, garlic, carrot, capsicum and my favorite Aldi Organic Pasta Sauce. For me I just sauteed red onion mushrooms and baby spinach then added the hot pasta and stirred through some of my Sundried Tomato and Basil pesto.
1. Steam spinach, then puree it with 1 tbsp of the hot water from the spinach. Set to the side.
2. Take a large bowl and combine semolina, wholemeal flour and sea salt.
3. Then add olive oil and split into two bowls
4. Add 1/4 cup of the hot water (from spinach) to one of the bowls. To the other add the pureed spinach and 1/4 of hot water (from spinach) and a mixture of half flour half semolina if dough is too wet. Mix the water so that both become a dough.
5. On a floury board knead both lots of dough for 10 mins, so that the dough is smooth and elastic. Set aside.
6. Split both dough’s into 4 parts (8 in total), then roll through the pasta machine to make pasta sheets, then use the fettuccine cutter to finish the fresh pasta. Leave both lots of pasta in plenty of flour, so it doesn’t stick together.
7. When water has boiled, add a pinch of salt and both lots of fettuccine ribbons and cook until the pasta has floated to the top.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (127g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 23 (7%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.5g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 1.6mg||1 %|
|Sodium 100mg||3 %|
|Potassium 358.7mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 67.4g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.7g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 60.7g|
|Protein 12.9g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 340
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!