1. Pour the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk to incorporate. Sift the ingredients to avoid lumps.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the creamer, 1/2 cup water, and vegan butter. When the sauce just barely comes to a boil, remove from heat and pour into the dry ingredients.
3. Mix quickly and vigorously. Batter will be very thick and akin to biscuit batter.
4. Add 1 1/4 cups water and whisk until smooth.
5. Add the apple cider vinegar and whisk together (the batter will begin to bubble). It should be a very smooth consistency and thin, but will have a few small lumps, unless you sifted the dry ingredients. If the batter is not thin enough, add the extra 1/4 cup water (for a total of 1 1/2 cups water).
6. Allow the batter to rest for 30 minutes to overnight.
7. When you are ready to cook the crêpes, heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over low-medium heat.
8. When the pan is up to temperature, brush a light coating of "butter" on it, remove it from the burner, and pour in approximately 1/4 cup of the batter. While the pan is still off the heat, swirl the batter around the pan to evenly coat.
9. Place the pan back on the heat and allow the crêpe to cook slowly (be patient). When the edges have browned and pulled away from the sides, the crêpe is ready to be flipped.
10. Lightly grease a spatula, and flip the crêpe. Cook for another minute or so on the other side. Continue this process until you have used all of the batter.
11. Keep the crêpes warm in a tortilla server or warmer. Lightly butter the bottom to avoid sticking.
12. When ready to serve, sprinkle chocolate chips onto half of the warm crêpe, fold it in half, and in half again. Top with sliced strawberries and a light dusting of powdered sugar, if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (390g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 969 (80%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 107.7g||144 %|
|Saturated Fat 66.3g||331 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 28g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4g|
|Cholesterol 247mg||76 %|
|Sodium 720.1mg||25 %|
|Potassium 368.9mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 60.3g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.8g||23 %|
|Sugars, other 54.5g|
|Protein 4.1g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1209
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!