1. Place milk in the top of a double boiler and bring just to a simmer over gently boiling water over medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, and 3/4 cup sugar in a mixing bowl. Lightly whisk 1/4 cup of the hot milk into egg mixture, then whisk egg mixture into remaining milk in top of double boiler. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until mixture is thick enough to coat back of a spoon, about 15 minutes.
3. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl; stir in heavy cream; refrigerate until cold.
4. Combine strawberries, 1/3 cup sugar, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Slightly mash strawberries, then stir into cream base and pour into an ice cream maker. Process according to manufacturer's directions.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 recipe (1849g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 1630 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 181.1g||241 %|
|Saturated Fat 77.5g||388 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 67.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 21.1g|
|Cholesterol 5684.4mg||1749 %|
|Sodium 933.6mg||32 %|
|Potassium 1794.7mg||47 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 501.2g||147 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.3g||29 %|
|Sugars, other 493.9g|
|Protein 114.5g||164 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4007
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.