1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Crust: In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until smooth and fluffy. Working at low speed, gradually beat in flour and salt until mixture is crumbly. Pour into prepared pan and press into an even layer. Bake for about 17 minutes, until set at the edges.
3. While the crust bakes, prepare the filling. In the bowl of a food processor, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, strawberry puree, sugar and eggs - process until smooth. Add in flour, baking powder and salt, then pulse until smooth.
4. Gently pour the filling over the hot crust when it has finished baking. Return pan to oven and bake for 23-26 minutes, until the filling is set. There will be a light colored "crust" on top from the sugar in the filling - this is normal.
5. Refrigerate and cool completely before slicing and using a damp knife to ensure clean slices. Just before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Store bars in the refrigerator.
Notes: Between the juice and zest requirements, I used 6-7 medium lemons. The filling will tend to soak up the powdered sugar, so save it until the last minute. You can half this recipe and bake in an 8x8-inch pan - reduce the cooking time on the crust by a couple of minutes, and do the same with the filling. Recipe is from kandktestkitchen.com.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (116g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 73 (26%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.1g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.7g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 186.4mg||57 %|
|Sodium 93.7mg||3 %|
|Potassium 98.4mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46.8g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 46.3g|
|Protein 6.3g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 278
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.