1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously coat a 9-inch metal pie plate or a round cake pan with butter.
2. Mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt into a medium mixing bowl. Gradually pour in the cream while tossing the mixture lightly with a fork, just until the dough comes together. (The dough should be lumpy; do not overwork it or the cake will be tough.)
3. Turn dough into the buttered pan and gently pat it evenly with floured fingers to fit (the top will be lumpy). Sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon sugar.
4. Bake the shortcake until the top is golden brown and the edges are crisp, 30 to 35 minutes. cool slightly on a wire rack, then transfer to a serving plate.
5. While the shortcake bakes, combine the strawberries and sugar and let stand at room temperature to allow the fruit to release its juices, about 20 minutes.
6. Beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer and and slowly add confectioners sugar until sweet. Beat until soft peaks form.
7. While the shortcake is still warm, cut it into wedges and place a wedge on each dessert plate. Spoon the strawberries and their juices over the cake, and top with a spoonful of the whipped cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (237g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 107 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.9g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 40.9mg||13 %|
|Sodium 3238.3mg||112 %|
|Potassium 179.6mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 84.6g||25 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 79.6g|
|Protein 6.1g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 443
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!